Who is eligible to participate in the Samsung Try On The Future Offer?
Any eligible participant who purchased or leased a new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, or Galaxy S7 active. No other Samsung devices are eligible for this promotion.
I bought a Samsung non-qualifying device. Am I eligible for this Offer?
No, only purchases of a new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 active devices qualify.
Can I submit my purchase for another Samsung Offer?
No, this offer may not be combined with or used in connection with any other Samsung offers, rebates or discounts.
What gift will I receive with a new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 active purchase in this Offer?
If you purchase a Galaxy S7 edge or Galaxy S7, you can choose between a Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus (estimated value is $99.99) with content bonus (estimated value is $50.00) redeemable as a digital download or a 256GB memory card (estimated value is $249.99). Galaxy S7 active customers will only be eligible to receive a 256GB memory card and will not have their choice of gifts.
I purchased a Galaxy S7 active, why am I not being offered the Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus as a choice?
Unfortunately, this device is not compatible with the Samsung Gear VR. Galaxy S7 active customers will only be eligible to receive a 256GB memory card and will not have their choice of gifts.
If I selected the Gear VR, how do I access my Oculus VR content bonus after I receive my Gear VR?
- Create or sign in to your Oculus account from your new Samsung Galaxy device.
- Your content will appear in the Oculus app after you create an account.
- Your titles will appear with a "Download" option instead of a “Purchase” option.
- After downloading the content, your titles will appear in your library.
- Please make sure to access your Oculus account and download the content by 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on 2/28/2017 when the download expires.
: Galaxy devices eligible for the content bundle are the Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy S7. Don’t forget, if your original Galaxy device has been replaced by your carrier or retailer and is not the original device you used to register for this promotion, you will need to call Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG and provide them with your new IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address in order to be able to access your VR content. Please allow 72 hours after you update us with your new device for this content to be available
Or, visit oculus.com/en-us/gear-vr/
for more information.
How do I create a free Oculus account?
- Visit id.oculus.com to create your Oculus account.
- Choose an Oculus ID/password and follow the prompts.
- Verify the account via an email address.
- Log in to the Oculus app on your new Samsung phone.
Or, visit Gear VR Setup
for step-by-step instructions.
Alternatively, you can just plug your new Galaxy device into the Gear VR headset. A voice prompt will tell you to take the device out to complete setup. Your device will be automatically directed to the “Log In” or “Create New Account” for the Oculus store.
If I have issues accessing my Oculus content bonus, whom do I contact?
For additional assistance on accessing the Oculus content bonus, please contact Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG.
How do I redeem my gift with purchase?
- Purchase an eligible device (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 active*) between 9/8/16 and 10/9/16 and do the following:
- In Store Purchase: Save your register receipt.
- Online/Phone Purchase: If ordered online or over phone, please save email confirmation of purchase as well as the packing slip received with the device.
- If you do not have any proof of purchase, you will need to return to the carrier/seller store and request a proof of purchase that lists which device you purchased as well as purchase date.
- Go to the promotion website: SamsungPromotions.com/TryOnTheFuture or download the Samsung Pay on a select Samsung device, fill out the required information and upload receipt/proof of purchase by 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/26/16.
- After your online submission is validated you will receive your gift in the mail in up to 12 weeks. All submissions must meet the Official Terms and Conditions requirements to be approved.
- The VR content bonus is available as a digital download from the Oculus store for customers who selected the Gear VR.
*Galaxy S7 active customers will only be eligible to receive a 256GB memory card and will not have their choice of gifts.
What happens if I purchased an eligible device on Samsung.com?
Your purchase on Samsung.com also made you eligible for a free gift which should have been added to your cart at the time of purchase. If you did not add your free gift to your cart during checkout, please call 1-855-726-8721 for more information. Remember, supplies are limited and may be exhausted.
How do I redeem this offer if it was purchased on behalf of a business entity?
Business Entities participating in this Offer will complete the redemption process as noted above. All qualifying devices’ IMEI numbers and Wi-Fi MAC addresses will need to be entered online. Business Entities participating in the Offer can enter information for up to one hundred (100) qualifying devices per submission. If additional devices (more than 100) were purchased on the same receipt, participants must log back into the Website and upload the same receipt and enter the remaining devices’ IMEI numbers and Wi-Fi MAC addresses.
Can I submit for more than one qualifying device?
Yes. If you purchased more than one device in the same transaction, just upload the receipt and enter all IMEI numbers and Wi-Fi MAC addresses of the devices at SamsungPromotions.com/TryOnTheFuture
. If you purchased more than one device in separate transactions, then you will need to submit the first receipt with the qualifying devices’ information listed on that receipt and then submit that claim. Then come back to the site, enter your email on the Landing page, and submit the next receipt and its qualifying devices’ information.
What information do I need when submitting?
You must have the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address from your purchased qualifying device as well as the receipt in hand in order to fully complete the submission process. Once you enter the qualifying device’s IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address and upload the receipt, follow the prompts and complete all required forms on SamsungPromotions.com/TryOnTheFuture
to complete your submission.
Where can I find the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address of the qualifying device?
You can find the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address on your new Galaxy device following one of the pathways below:
For further details and instructions, click here
SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE, GALAXY S7 and GALAXY S7 active:
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch About device or About phone. Note: It may be necessary to touch the SYSTEM tab and then touch About device.
- Touch Status and you will see your Wi-Fi Mac Address.
- Touch IMEI information to see your IMEI. Note: Some phones may show the IMEI number directly in the Status screen.
- Your 14 or 15-digit IMEI number will display, along with other IMEI data.
- Note: On mobile phones, tap and hold the target text field to copy your IMEI and/or Wi-Fi MAC address.
For further details and instructions, click here
If I lost my receipt/proof of purchase to the qualifying device purchase, can I still enter if I have the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address?
No, a valid receipt/proof of purchase is mandatory for participation in this Offer.
What do I do if I returned/exchanged my original device after submitting by offer claim and cannot access my VR content experience on my new device?
If your original Galaxy device has been replaced by your carrier or retailer and is not the original device you used to register for this promotion, you will need to call Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG and provide them with your new IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC address in order to be able access your VR content. Please allow 72 hours after you update us with your new device for the content to be available.
What happens if I do not submit my information online by October 26, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET?
You will not be able to submit an offer claim form after 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/26/16 and will no longer be eligible for the Offer.
What do I do if I get the error message “Invalid IMEI” when inputting the IMEI number and Wi-Fi MAC Address?
Make sure you have not inverted any digits and that you follow the IMEI number/Wi-Fi MAC address format as prompted on the submission form and try again. Please note, the IMEI number will only contain numbers, the Wi-Fi MAC address will be alphanumeric (letters between A-F and numbers) and you may need to remove the “0x” from the HEX MEID at the beginning of the number before entering. If you continue to receive an invalid IMEI/HEX MEID message, your device might not qualify for this program. If you feel your device qualifies and that you are entering the IMEI and/or HEX MEID correctly, you can click on the “Start your appeal” button found on the light box or wait 24 hours and try again. If still unsuccessful, contact Samsung Customer Service.
What happens if I am having problems submitting a claim?
If you are unable to complete an Offer Claim Form due to an error, contact Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG.
How can I check the status of my claim?
After you receive your registration confirmation email, you may return to SamsungPromtions.com/TryOnTheFuture
and click on the link titled “Check Submission Status.” Follow the instructions to see the status. Please allow at least 10 business days after submitting an offer claim before checking the status..
What do I do if I submitted my information but I have not received an email confirmation in 5 business days?
- Check your Spam folder (emails will be sent by firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Review the submission status by following the instructions under “How can I check the status of my submission?”
- If there hasn’t been an update to the submission status within 10 business days, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG.
What do I do if I am rejected?
You will receive an email stating why your submission was rejected and steps to resubmit. You will not be allowed to resubmit an Offer Claim Form more than two (2) times. Resubmissions must be completed within 14 days from the end of the Redemption Period. If you do not receive this email, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG
- Check to ensure that your receipt clearly lists an eligible retailer as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- When taking a picture of your receipt make sure to tap the screen to focus on your receipt before pressing the capture picture button. This will ensure you are not rejected for a blurry receipt image.
- Before you hit the submit button, check to ensure your receipt clearly shows on your screen and is the correct receipt for the promotion you are entering.
- Check to ensure that your purchase date is printed and clearly visible on your receipt and it falls within the purchase period as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- Check to ensure your purchase/service contract was made with a carrier as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- Check to ensure your phone purchase and model name is clearly listed on your receipt and that your model is eligible for the promotion as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- In order for our team to verify that you have made a purchase that is eligible to participate in this Offer, your receipt image must clearly show that your device was purchased from an eligible retailer, as well as display the model of device that you have purchased, your purchase price and the transaction date.
SEE MORE QUESTIONS
What other resources are available if I have questions that are not answered by this document?